We often heard about this word “Immunity”. Do you know what it is exactly?
Immunity can be defined as:
- The State of being immune or invulnerable to a particular disease
- Condition which permits one with natural or acquired resistance to disease
- Exemption from any natural or usual liability
- Exemption from compulsion, duty or service, jurisdiction, etc
Types of immunity:
Immunity in Medical:
- Innate immunity: This immunity is the natural resistance which can be present from birth.
- Adaptive immunity: It can be subdivided into 2 types: naturally acquired immunity (developed by body when disease causing agents fights with body) and artificially acquired immunity (like acquired by vaccination).
Immunity in Law: There can be 4 types of immunity in law as a general rule.
- When a prosecutor, a judge or a jury promise not to prosecute for a crime in exchange for information or testimony in a criminal matter
- When a public official granted with immunity of protection from liability for their decisions
- Governmental immunity, which protects government agencies from lawsuits
- Foreign ambassadors got diplomatic immunity
So here I tried to define immunity, hope you liked it while reading. Please share your thoughts in comment below.